Sunday, October 05, 2008

Fall Flowers at Abbott Memorial Library


I took this picture while waiting for Courtney at the Library.
She is working as a fill in at Abbott Memorial Library but is still working for Judy Craig Consulting.... phew !!!!

So of course I had my camera and took some great shots behind the Library.

Speaking of which.... A few weeks ago, a historical engineering consultant came to the Library suggesting what kinds of improvements, fixing existing issues and providing lots of insight in maintaining a historical building.
John was soooo interesting!
Courtney and I joined library trustee Bob Crawford and Librarian Liz Breault and John as he took us from top to bottom of the Library.
Most interesting and thought provoking.
Example: if you are fixing something, use the same materials as was used when the building was built or upgrade. Not to save money and not necessarily for historic value, but because the "fix material" will bond better with the original materials and may actually cost less.
I never thought of it that way... I assume newer building products would be better, but that's where "thought" got me :)

No comments: