Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Memories

I was just sitting here thinking about childhood Christmas's and about my mother who left me with so many memories. And that made me wonder about other peoples memories.

I help Fred Wintle with ideas for his writings and it got me thinging that as we get older, the most memorable memories that stand out should be shared.

I think over the next few weeks, I would like to share some of mine....... But I would like readers of my blog to share yours as well. Just click on "comment" under my blog and you can write your memories. Short or long, I would love to hear from you.

The first one is of my mother who would cook pecan rolls on Christmas morning for all of our neighbors and closest friends.
After Steve and I had our Christmas stockings, BUT before our Tree, we delivered the holiday rolls to everyone.

Sometimes in the car with Dad driving, but also in our teens, Steve (my brother) and I delivered on our snowmobiles around the neighborhood.

I wonder how the neighbors like those sticky bun treats and how they must miss them once my mom passed away. I don't know if she continued the tradition after Steve and I left home, but I should ask around.

It is a wonderful memory......
judy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People seem misinformed on Dexter’s town municipal operation. Some people form opinions and make decisions that are not based on facts, sound ethics or common sense. Not all are informed or make the effort to gather the true facts.
There are half-truths and negativity circulating on the street, amid an incendiary rhetoric from those who may have biased information, and have a personal agenda against our town.

Does anyone have the true facts ? And will they tell us ?

Peter Mc Donagh said...

The Lord loveth a cheerful giver. He also accepteth from a grouch. ~Catherine Hall Nice Comment!