Wednesday, December 12, 2007

#2 Christmas Memory

Remember when we left the mailman in our rural mailboxes, the bus driver, our teacher etc. boxes of delightful and delicious homemade candies and cookies?

My mother would make candy for days on end and if I was lucky, I got to dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate. My mouth watering just thinking about the drippings landing on my fingers and when my Mom had her back turned I could lick!!!!

She made all kinds of fudge and other sweet treats, but I have never had anyone else's peanut butter balls that were as good at my mom's.

Can you even leave food in the mailbox anymore or take the bus driver good eats? Times have changed.... but those were very good traditions.
judy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy, I have to tell you that I remember those delicious pecan sticky buns .........oh so well!!! I have made and bought similiar ones throughout the years, but none that tasted better or equal to "Mackie's Sticky Buns." It was a great neighborhood tradition recieving them on X-mas morning. My mom like yours, always had something to give as well, whether it was flavored olive oil, homemade jams, cocoa mix or caramel corn. Those were the days and the memories like you, that I will cherish forever. Hugs Holly Gilbert-Cleary