Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Election Results

Good morning....
I am very please with the huge turnout of voters on a non-presidential year. On a rainy day, 754 voters turned out at the poll or submitted absentee ballots, which show a growing public interest.

I am also please that I will have the opportunity to act upon the concerns that employees and taxpayers have expressed at recent Council meetings.

I want to encourage Residents of Dexter to continue attending the monthly Council meetings. The public attendance has grown each month since June of 2007, which shows that people are becoming more educated in how their town government operates.

Although I will not be sworn in until January 2008, I encourage residents to contact me with any questions, concerns and thoughts they may have at 924.3067 or judy@DexterMaine.com.

The results went as follows with voters choosing three (3) Councilors for three year term:

CRAIG, Judith W. - 414 (won)
HASKELL, Peter A. - 348
MUNDAY, Ella L. - 203
SHERBURNE, Erlfred W. - 456 (won)
TEMPESTA, Albert C. - 290
THOMPSON, Dean R. - 391 (won)

Thanks to those who have and are supporting me. PLEASE, just because the elections are over, don't stop coming to the council meetings, calling with concerns and asking questions.
C ya Thursday night

No comments: