Sunday, October 28, 2007

Extended Fall


Amazing weather we are having in October..... I still have morning glories & cathedral bells blossoming outside and zucchini's still in the garden.

I still have LOTS of plants still out on the deck that I need to bring in the house, but many have grown so large I am not sure where to put them IN the house.

I have been offered a greenhouse by Al Ross that I am planning to put up, but with the cost of fuel, how to keep it warm through the winter is another matter.
Anyone have any tried and true ideas?

I always hate when the fall cold sets in. My deck is an extension of my living space and I love it out there, but I don't like the cold much anymore.

It just seems such a pity to dump out all those beautiful annuals and the many variety of geraniums I have collected over the years.
I guess I will squeeze in as many as I can and weed out when I get sick of picking up dead leaves and watering for hours.

I now understand why seniors like to migrate to warmer climates when the colder weather sets in. I am spoiled now that I work from my home office and don't need to go out in the winter weather each morning to go to work. So I shouldn't complain, should I?

Well enough procrastination, back to clipping back plants and find places to put them in the front room, window stills or the spare bedroom.
C ya!

1 comment:

Digital Flower Pictures said...

A south facing site might help. What about a wood fired boiler?